Friday, March 4, 2011

Week 12 CIS608 - Blog Summary

As I look back over my twelve weeks of blog postings, I did blog on a variety of issues, but a consistent theme I see is around security issues important to me.  The two themes that I see are those related to identity theft and the security of new gadgets.
 
Identity theft is a concern of mine.  My sister has gone through it having credit card checks stolen from her mail box, so I am very aware of the impact that it has on your credit and the work it takes to restore it.

The other area that I have an interest in is the security around iPhone and iPad applications and their business use.  My husband drug me into the world of gadgets a year or so ago with my iPhone and I must admit, I have never looked back.  My iPhone has become a necessity for me to stay in contact with work as well as socially.  I recently purchased an iPad for my husband and we are contstantly finding different ways to use it and seeing is used for all kinds of business reasons daily.

I must admit, the blog was good for me in that I did pay attention to the current issues in technology.  I learned a lot and do think that following a blog of someone that you like their style would be beneficial and a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment